In order to make 2016 the most productive and effective year yet I think we all need to squeeze more time into our 24 hour day. Don’t you agree?
Somehow I don’t think that is possible, but I do think that streamlining every area of our lives and making the most of each second of the day is possible. There are so many fabulous tools out there that can be helpful in making each day more productive. Each year I learn about more and implement them into my life. Therefore, we can all get more done by taking full advantage of these simple tools.
Below I’ve listed six simple tools that will help you get started on your 2016 productivity journey. Each of these tools has helped me immensely this year already and I am so grateful for each one of them. Some of my greatest downfalls are failing to have a plan for dinner, which can be a time suck, as well as being generally overwhelmed with organizing tasks that I need to do on a daily basis. Each one of the tools below has helped me overcome those obstacles.
1. Real Plans – Do you struggle with putting a meal plan together? Do you avoid meal planning altogether because of the work involved? The reason I LOVE Real Plans is because it takes the work out of meal planning. There are fantastic features in the Real Plans meal planning system that make meal planning for families with food allergies SO EASY! Using Real Plans super speeds my menu planning and allows me to get more planning done for the week in less time. Why not make eating healthy easy with your busy lifestyle?
2. Instant Pot – My Instant pot has become my favorite kitchen appliance. Not only has it made cooking dinner easier (much like using Real Plans), but it has also made the meal prep faster! Soups that used to take hours now only take 20 minutes. You can cook just about anything in it. It makes AMAZING bone broth! There are whole Facebook communities devoted to this appliance because it has changed the way people cook. Healthy, easy, tasty and quick is what most parents need to be successful in the kitchen these days and using an Instant Pot fits the bill for each of these. If you don’t have one in your kitchen here is Where to find.
3. Erin Condren Planner – You won’t be successful with reaching your dreams unless you plan for it! Last September I decided to purchase my first Erin Condren Planner. I have been able to really streamline my life with this planner. Digital calendars just don’t do it for me. I must put pencil to paper. I love all the accessories that I can add to my planner purchase for it to cater to my personality. What is my favorite accessory that I added? Sticky notes!! For years I used sticky notes to stay on top of my to-do list. Now, I can again in my Erin Condren Planner. You can check them out HERE.
4. Balance your life with one of my favorite books and essential oil collection on balance, Oola Find Balance in an Unbalanced World. Oola helps you to balance your life with the seven F’s: Faith, Family, Fitness, Friends, Fun, Finance and Field. Each area is so important to achieving a well rounded and balanced life. Our fantastic brain also responds magnificently to aromatherapy and our limbic system, the seat of our emotions, is stimulated by essential oils. Pairing the principles in this book along with the Young Living Infused 7 Essential Oil Kit has had a significant impact on my productivity! Not a member of Young Living? Find out more HERE or email me at rootedblessings [at] gmail [dot] com
5. Journal for Productivity – I’m going to be honest with you, I have the tendency of getting overwhelmed VERY easily. When I get overwhelmed I often apply my Young Living Envision Essential Oil to my temples and it is very helpful. Being overwhelmed leaves me frozen in my tracks so that I don’t get anything done. One of my life coaches recommended journaling. After falling in love with my Erin Condren planner I went back to Erin Condren and purchased a journal with dividers for journaling. I now have two journals. One for personal goals and one for work goals. I use my divided journal to journal about business in different sections since my business is multi-faceted. It has been extremely helpful for me to organize it this way. I’ll often journal in the evening before bed in order to get ready for the next day.
6. Unroll.me Clean your inbox out Q-U-I-C-K!! There is not much that is more of a time suck than trying to clean up an out of control email inbox. Even though I want you to subscribe to my newsletter HERE, I hate being subscribed to newsletters I don’t read too! All that unread junk mail in your inbox will suck the life out of you! Get your inbox under control, get your time back, and don’t miss out on important emails!